Student & Parent Agreement
Parents & Students: Read the following agreement, and then complete the form at the bottom of the page
Welcome! We are excited about your interest and upcoming participation in Up-A-Creek Robotics. Below is an overview of the policies and expectations of the team.
The Team Handbook, Student & Parent Orientation, and New Student Onboarding include a broad array of information, including the team’s history, overview, operating procedures, and student/parent expectations. All students and parents are required to read and abide by them.
All data/content in communication systems managed by the team are subject to review by the GEAR Board. Example systems include, but are not limited to,
- Team Google accounts, including Gmail and Drive
- Team Slack accounts, including private channels and direct messages
- Team Instagram accounts, including private images
- Team Twitter accounts, including direct messages
- Team forms, including written documents and online sign-ups
Consent and Release Agreement
All students and respective parents must complete the Consent & Release Agreement to be a member of the team. Upon completion, it shall be submitted via the form below. Where a conflict in policy exists, the Consent & Release Agreement shall take precedence.
The team’s funds come from sponsorships, donations, student fundraising, and student dues. Those funds primarily cover robot components, learning/project supplies, facility maintenance, and the competition registration fees (not travel fees). The dues per student are $360 per season, and the payment schedule options are
- Lump Sum
- $360 by 8-Nov
- $120 by 15-Oct
- $120 by 8-Nov
- $120 by 1-Dec
Upon receipt of dues, the student will be provided
- Safety glasses
- Team polo-shirt
- Team t-shirt
- One ticket to year-end banquet
- The payment of dues must be submitted via the online team store or check at the HQ.
- Payments must be on time for students to continue team involvement
- Dues and any funds raised are not refundable
- Misbehaving, unsafe actions, theft, and dishonesty are each grounds for immediate dismissal from the team (raising funds and/or paying dues is not a guarantee of team membership)
- A new t-shirt is provided each paid season
- The safety glasses and polo shirt are provided once (first paid season)
- The shirts will be provided in time for the first regional competition in the spring